Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back to the hustle bustle of my life! My walking debut..

After a funfilled beach vacation, I came back home and realized how much I missed firetrucks, ambulances, "trucks", and the hustle bustle of the city!





Oh, did I mention that you get to see real "dump trucks" and even get to play with them sometimes....

You can even pretend that you have your own "big rig".




And the impromptu picnics in the grass with background music.  What can I say? I love this city....

Heck, I can even get to dip my feet in the water right in my own back yard..



Okay, so I am embarrassed to admit that I have been flirting with myself in the mirror. Mommy caught me a few times waving at myself!  So what if I like to say hello to myself now and again....

I also got my folks in trouble when I pulled the emergency switch in the elevator. It's so nice and red..speaking to me to flick it :).  And it's just the right height for me to reach!



Walking around town has been very exciting..I get to touch all sorts of things...



While wandering around..I discovered my love for flowers, fountains, bubbles, and just holding my parents' hand..



My playground experience has changed a lot..somethings I used to liked to do were more fun with crawling, but walking is a different kinda fun.




I have extended my vocabulary to include trucks, bus, and pear (many more words my mum and dad can't decipher).

Things I'm doing now:
 - I enjoy waving at my "friends" in the neighborhood including the barber next door, laundry woman, coffee cart guy and the Union Square magazine stand guy.  Sometimes, for reasons I don't understand,  I have a delayed reaction and start waving only after we have started to walk away, clearly well too late for my friend to appreciate.  Hey, it's better late than never.....
-  I MUST hold mommy or daddy's keys when we enter or leave our house (they are so much fun to walk around holding)
I have the key and as you can see I am pretty psyched about it!
- I want something when I want it! I have no patience for any sort of delays.....

What's in: walking (of course),  I need this.., touching everything, keys
What's out: walking where my parents want me to walk!, crawling, opening and closing doors (sad to say!), crawling with excitement in jungle gym

No comments: