Thursday, August 11, 2011

One more week till summer house!

Can you believe it? I have lived on an island for my entire 10+ months of life but I have yet to see a beach. I have been in several sand boxes but I am thinking that this won't be comparable to the real deal.  Well....we will see next week.



For now, I am packing very anxiouly and waiting for the day to arrive..! I even tried out some beach chairs to see how they feel?


One of my fun new discoveries this week happened while I was at the grocery store. I was happily playing with a plum when I discovered that I could eat it as is! No pealing off the skin, no cutting into pieces, no spoons, no steaming, nothing at all!  I bit into it and then kept on going until I was a sticky yummy mess! By the time we got to the check out line, there was no plum to be seen. So I told the cashier that I didn't have any even though it was apparently all over my face  (mommy told me later..)!!! The good news is that I let mom and dad shop in peace you know! Oh, and I got to eat more plums when I got home....



No! Mommy and daddy didn't forget me on the street... They had the Summer Streets Festival on Park Avenue last Saturday and I took full advantage of the opportunity to be on the street without any cars at all!! I had some mixed emotions given my new found deep passion for trucks, buses, cars anything with wheels, but the empty road more than made up for it.
 I got to sit in a BIG truck and be behind the wheel..that was cool!!
I even tried to pass myself off as an older kid in order to rent a bike, but I don't know what gave away my real age (maybe the fact that I can barely walk?)

I got to picnic..a fake one! Boring.....



And later on, the real one where I actually did do some picnicing...


Well it was tiring long day of fun so i have to catch some zzz...See you next time!

No comments: