Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tis the night before christmas!

Since it was my first christmas, I decided that I needed to know as much as I can about this santa guy. So many decisions, Leave cookies and milk out? Will he able to come in if we don't have a chimney? Would he mind if we have a different tree? Or that I am half Indian-half jewish kid looking for presents on christmas and  have already recieved my hanukah presents. It all worked out at the end!


I am not sure how my parents new, they got me a book "It was the night before christmas" and read it to me. I got to open it the night before christmas..so appropriate!


This wasn't what santa got me!

So after leaving cookies and milk for santa just in case he comes early,


To show my christmas spirit, I donned on my santa hat and braved chilling weather to go caroling under Washington Square Arch. I got a lot of attention from strangers and I loved it.


We planned to spend our evening with 'smorgesboard' as daddy would say of foods on the table. We had matzoh ball soup, borcht soup, challah bread and had chinese food from this place that serves chinese-muslim food of some sort at saints mark. We topped off the night with some hot cocoa and sang "frosty the snowman" till I went to sleep.


All that hard work paid off! I got not just one but many presents..yay!


And I celebrated christmas with my cousins in reindeer antlers.


No comments: